Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to Work, You!!

Woahhh there! High time for another post! It's been a month, you say? Impossible!!!

Well. A lot's happened in a month. I'm back to work (hoo-flippity-hah) and am actually writing whilst pumping in The Pump Room. This is the little hole where they send all the horrible and disgusting little mothers who choose to nourish their children in the best way possible.

Okay, that was sarcasm. My bosses are fine with the pumping thing. It was never really a problem. But of course there are people in this world that would have you feel horrible for trying to do the right thing. As if that's something that I'm not already used to. I've been picked on and mocked my entire life for being one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Even when I quit attending meetings and threw myself at the world, I was always the weird kid in the crowd.

Man I subject hop like a [insert funny similie here]. I'm so brain dead I've lost my funny. Yet another side effect of new motherhood.

But I try to take it one day at a time. He's two months old now and a little handful. I'm sure I'll look back at this one day and laugh. But really I'm overwhelmed sometimes. There's a lot to do to keep the house going, but it's hard to do when there's this angry little person demanding constantly to be held and nursed and loved. Not that I resent him. Never that. But sure enough there are plenty of days that I just don't even like him. Oh yes, I'm a terrible mother. Stuff a sock in it.

That's partially why I'm so glad to be back at work. Let someone else handle the little people while I find a distraction, something useful to do. I like my job and finding extra things because I like to feel as if I'm helping to keep things running smoothly. (The sort of fulfillment I just can't EVER seem to find at home.)

So here I sit. Pumping. (Moooooo!!! Yes I feel like a dairy cow.) Thank heaven for technology cuz what else on earth would I do for the 20 minutes I spend in my little hole each time I feel near explosion?

Le sigh.

I'm going to work on that funny thing. Next post. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment